martes, 9 de junio de 2009

Rocket Science

"NARRATOR (V.O.): Eventually all of this would pass and Hal Hefner would be left with just the story to tell again and again until it was hard for Hal Hefner to remember what he was really like back then when he carried in his head the sound of a made-up, perfect voice. A voice that could speak its heart. Until the day Hal Hefner stopped wishing he sounded like anyone else and just started talking as he was.
...
DOYLE:You OK?
Hal and Doyle sit for a beat in silence.

HAL (CONT’D):Yeah. But what would you say are your thoughts on love?

DOYLE: It’s so late, Hal, and I couldn’t find the off-ramp and had to circle back three times and now I’m not even sure I know how to get you back to Plainsboro.

HAL: I guess, you know.... Well, it’s nothing, I was just thinking.

DOYLE: Maybe you shouldn’t think so much about everything.

HAL: I mean it’s not, it shouldn’t be rocket, rocket... it shouldn’t be rocket.... It shouldn’t be that but it feels like, sometimes it just feels, you know. I guess what I just want to know when, at what point, you see, does all this begin, or really start, to make sense?

DOYLE: All what?

HAL: Everything, all of it.

DOYLE: I guess at some point.... see, you reach a certain age and you’re in Jersey, or someplace just like it, and you stop trying to figure it all out. It’s kind of like that. You just are glad for what you have.

HAL: And that happens to everybody?

DOYLE: Pretty much but you let me know if it turns out different for you.

HAL: I’ll do that, I will. I’ll find a way to do that, some good way, to let you know how it all turns out."

No hay comentarios: